Secret Shopping - XI Clothing

February 28, 2014

XI Clothing is one of those stores that on the outside seems a bit run down, but if you look through everything there, there's some great finds. I went to the store by me today in the afternoon. It was pretty busy and no salespeople were near the front of the store, so I wasn't bothered when I wasn't greeted. 

I started looking for clothes and remembered I had been wanting to get a flowy kimono top and asked a girl working if they had any. She was confused by the term 'kimono top' and i showed her a cardigan nearby and told her "sort of like this but with a chiffon or flowy fabric" and showed her a different shirt made of the material. She seemed in a bit of a daze or not listening and said they didn't have any. Luckily I still decided to look around and found about 5 tops that matched the description I gave her and most were what I was looking for. 3/5 were even on mannequins throughout the store! This really upset me as I otherwise would've left the store when I could've been a customer. 


I got a few items to try on and headed for the dressing room. Checking out was easy and fast even when the store was packed and I found the cashier to be helpful, especially about explaining their return policy.

I like XI Clothing and their clothes, sort of an in between of Forever 21 and Rue 21. The clothes aren't organized by type but by color, which is helpful if you're looking for a certain piece or outfit but can be difficult if you're just looking for shirts. Unfortunately only after choosing to review/secret shop XI Clothing did I realize it only exists in my state. So if you're around one I hope this helped!
  • Customer service - 3/5
  • Store organization - 3/5
  • Clothing/fashionability - 4/5
  • Pricing - 5/5
  • Overall - 3.5/5

You Might Also Like

3 comments