Met Gala 2017 Best and Worst Dressed

May 02, 2017

via Vogue.com

Met Gala is how I wish every day could be, wearing whatever I want, avant garde, fun, and creative. While I think all of the pieces worn take immense skill and time, some just didn't fit the theme, didn't suit the wearer, or couldn't keep up with the other high fashion looks.

Be sure to check out my recap of last years best and worst Met Gala Looks.

Best:

Rita Ora in Marchesa

This look is probably my favorite for the whole night. The mesh train with delicate details woven in, along with the red ribbon making up most of the dress seems to scream Comme des Garcons. It's wearable but something completely unexpected, and Rita's figure is beautifully complimented with the fishtail shaped gown.
Rihanna in Comme des Garcons
Ok I lied this is also one of my favorite looks of the night. Obviously wearing Comme des Garcons Rihanna is bound to steal the night, but the unique flower shape is springy, while the high laced heels provide some modesty and bring the attention upwards. Seriously stunning!

Bella Hadid in Alexander Wang

I am obsessed with this body suit, Bella looks so chic and elegant while still having an interesting look that was different.
Hailey Baldwin in Carolina Herrera

This tiered tutu is giving me life. So pretty and sweet, but her veil and tube top give her an edge that makes this so high fashion.


Katy Perry in Maison Margiela
I know this is probably surprising to some of you that I liked this look, it's very weird, but that's the point of avant-garde! The red and sheer fabric screams Comme des Garcons to me.

Priyanka Chopra in Ralph Lauren
I'm obsessed with this look, seriously I want my own trench coat dress. It's classic, beautiful, and brings avant-garde vibes with it's large shoulders and huge train.


Fei Fei Sun in Alberta Ferretti
Wow this look is so elegant, but an avant-garde version of your LBD. The dark color against Fei Fei's light skintone brings that much more pop and awe. The curved lines of her shoulders make her look feminine and strong.


Liu Wen in Off-White

Another look I love! The deconstructed denim is so on trend, especially in the light wash color. Paired with her sequined and sheer top with a deep V-neck, Liu looks gorgeously interesting and fashion forward.

Worst:

Ruby Rose in Burberry
Ok, I do like this dress, but it's so unoriginal...like my first thought was Miley in 2009...

Ruby Rose does look elegant, but with her edge and unique personality, I wish she had done something totally out of the box.



Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein
Oh Gwen, sweet Gween. You might think you're looking at a photo from 2002 Oscars, the thin straps, awkward length, pastel pink... This dress makes her look wide and short, and is beyond outdated, plus those black heels? If you want to go with a nude look, wear all nude tones girlfriend.

Dree Hemingway in Diane von Furstenberg
Hi Dree, are you ok? You look pale and sick with no eyebrows, and this dress seems to have gotten torn up on your way down the red carpet. The pattern is an eyesore as well.

Solange Knowles in Thom Browne
At first I didn't think this look was too terrible...then I saw the train. So awkward. So long. So like a sleeping bag someone is dragging behind them. I don't think the main portion is even dressy enough for the Met Gala, it looks like she's just wearing her winter jacket.

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Marni
Pants under a midi dress, covered in flowers, with a check pattern of green and purple. This outfit was way too much and looks like a floral mess. Like when you acidentally mow over your flower garden kind of mess.

Kim Kardashian in Vivienne Westwood

Last year Kim was one of my favorite looks, but this year she's so bland. The off the shoulder draping reminds me of a medival princess, but the one sheer white sheet reminds me of a ghost. Also where's Kanye...?



What were your favorites of this year's Met Gala? Overall I think there were a lot of elegant looks, but my favorite part about the Met Gala is how out of the box people can go, and it seems the celebs lost that this year. But lets be real, Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons was a pretty lame theme.

You Might Also Like

0 comments