Menswear for Women

January 27, 2017



I've talked before on the trends of androgyny and the diminishing line between mens and womens wear. While in Mexico about a month ago, they had one of my favorite stores outside of the USA, Bershka -- similar to Zara or H&M but with a more European style.

There were some really cute mens shirts; one in particular that reminded me of the Kanye album cover and certainly seemed on trend. I've never been big into t-shirt dresses but I wanted to take on the $10 tee challenge and style it.

 


I tried with just below the knee boots and sneakers (tennis shoes for you non-Northeast natives) to show how you can dress this up or down. Personally I liked the boots better, it really reminded me and was inspired by, Kim K's styling of oversized shirts and sweaters.

You can find similar boots, sneakers, leggings and see other Bershka mens graphic tees here.



Although I really liked trying to work with this shirt, I had a size medium and think it could've worked better with a larger size. It could also look really cool over bermuda jean shorts...I think bermuda's might be making a come back this summer and it's just enough coverage under the t-shirt dress without being full on leggings or pants. 

Have you ever worn a boyfriend's tee or dad's vintage jean jacket? Share your ideas for how to upcycle and style meanswear!

You Might Also Like

0 comments